How to Make Your Car Last Longer
We love our cars and keeping them running is not only cost-effective, it’s also a way to put off the time it takes shopping for your next perfect vehicle. At Lebanon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership, we’re passionate about cars and know what it takes to keep them on the road and running well longer. Read below for our expert tips on the best ways to make your car last longer:
- Regular Auto Detailing: More than just regular cleaning, thorough auto detailing will help prevent rust, detect issues with tires and your engine early on, and help preserve your car’s interior. 2 to 4 times a year is ideal. Moreover, preserving your car’s appearance inside and out will go a long way to maximizing your resale value.
- Mind Your Tires: As we’ve pointed out in previous blogs, keeping your tires properly inflated is safer for your car and will help the tires last longer. Additionally, replacing your tires when they’re worn will also help with fuel economy and preserving your car’s suspension system. Wheel alignment is also key.
- Check Fluids and Replace Filters: Checking your oil and other fluids and filters is about more than immediate fixes, keeping on top of these things can help your car work more efficiently and reduce wear and tear.
- Check and Replace Cables and Spark Plugs: Like with many other parts of your car, when cables and plugs aren’t changed regularly they can lead to your car working harder and breaking down faster. Each car is different, and your owner’s manual will let you know when your cables and plugs should be changed.
- Service your Exhaust System: Don’t let your exhaust system get clogged to the point that it’s affecting your fuel economy. Have your exhaust system inspected by your mechanic to ensure things are working and connected properly. This is a fast check and can usually be combined with an oil change or other maintenance item.
Is your vehicle ready for the big parking lot in the sky? While there are ways to improve and preserve cars, at some point maintenance becomes prohibitively expensive. At Lebanon Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership, we offer a full range of new and pre-owned vehicles to help you find your next perfect 4-wheel match. Our experts can help you with trade-in options, financing and more to make replacing your old vehicle simple and worry-free.